If you’re looking for how to scrape data from Instagram, this post is just for you.
We’ll be covering how to scrape emails, followers, likes, comments, and other information that will help give you an edge on the competition.
In order to get the most out of your account without spending money on marketing, it’s important that you know how to find all of the data about your account.
This tutorial will teach you how!
Scraping Data From Instagram in 2021
Scrapping your competitors’ followers is an essential element of Instagram marketing. For one, it helps us to be able to target the right audience for our niche.
Personally, I scrape users’ followers so that I can follow, DM, or even like their posts using an automated system for Instagram.
A good Instagram followers scraper must have proper filters to help you narrow down your targeting. I use two specific tools to scrape followers on Instagram and I’ll take you through each of those.
Related: buy Instagram followers and likes
Two best data scrapping tools for Instagram
How to scrape Instagram data using Jarvee
Jarvee is one of the best scrapping tools because it offers you a myriad of options to work with.
For this article we’re only going to focus on scrapping followers although it’s worth mentioning you can actually use this tool to scrape almost every data publicly available on Instagram.
You can simply use the 5-day free trial of Jarvee to extract Instagram followers. You only need an email to get your own copy.
The first thing you need to do is to download and install Jarvee. Once you’ve done that, simply add and verify your Instagram account and we’ll get started from there.
Related: How to avoid Instagram follow block
- Once your Instagram is validated on Jarvee, go the 4th tab that says Scrape Tools. There are plenty of features you can use to your advantage here.
- Our focus on this article is on the section that says ‘Extract followers of usernames (separate them by comma)‘. This is where we’re going to post our competitors’ usernames before hitting EXTRACT FOLLOWERS.
For instance, if your Instagram account is based on a store that sells shoes, you want to extract followers of pages like Nike and Addidas.
Here, you’re going to type them in in this format: Nike, Adidas. Once you hit EXTRACT FOLLOWERS, Jarvee will start extracting Instagram followers of these pages.
How long the extraction process takes will depend on the number of followers your competitors have.
When the extraction process is completed you will be able to export the list of followers to either Excel or Notepad.
That’s how easy it is :).
Related: Best Pinterest automation tool
How to scrape Instagram followers using iPARSER.NET
iParser is one of my favorite tools for extracting Instagram followers. It is extremely fast and in a matter of seconds can extract about 10,000 Instagram followers from your competitor’s page.
Related: Jarvee Instagram settings
It is a web-based tool that won’t require you to download and install before you can start using it.
It also comes with useful filters that you can use to make your targeting narrower. Some of those useful features include the following:
- private or public Instagram accounts
- should the users have a profile picture or not
- business or personal accounts
- based on the number of followers
- the engagement on the user’s posts among others
The only downside to this tool is that it’s in a foreign language and you will need to use Google Chrome with the translator enabled. I haven’t had an issue with as since I started using it.
Let’s walk through a simple example so that you can see how it works. For our example, we’re going to extract 10,000 followers from Nike’s official Instagram account.
- Head over to iParser.Net, quickly register, login and select the option I’ve highlighted in orange:
- Paste in Nike’s Instagram address (1) and then select the options you need (if any). I picked followers (2), not followings or posts, and settled on only usernames (3) and not user IDs. I also decided I’m going to scrape only accounts that NOT private (4) and have profile pictures (5). I’m also going to scrape only business accounts (6). See the image below
- Now let’s scroll down and hit ‘Run‘ and see what happens.
The filters I picked might make it take a few minutes to complete. When the process is completed you will be able to download a list of scrapped Instagram followers.
Related: Instagram mass story viewer