Did you know that Instagram Reels has similar algorithmic behavior to TikTok? and was created by Instagram in response to TikTok’s popularity? If so, then this blog post will be perfect for you.
Instagram has been around for a few years now, but it is still one of the most popular social media platforms.
With more than 500 million users interacting with Instagram stories each day, social media managers are always looking for new ways to grow their following and get better results.
That’s why Instagram Reels is such an interesting feature.
Not only can you create short videos that will play in a loop on your profile just like TikTok (a platform with more than 800 million monthly active users), but the algorithm also behaves similarly.
This presents an opportunity for you to grow your following using Instagram Reels.
Here are 4 tips for using Reels to grow your following on Instagram!
Tips for Growing Your Instagram Following Using Reels
1. Research Trending Filters and Songs and Use Them on Your Reels
There’s no better way to make your Instagram Reels go viral than by using trending filters and songs.
But how do you find what is going to be popular before everyone has already used it?
A lot of viral trends come from TikTok. You can look through TikTok for popular sounds and trends that you aren’t yet seeing on Instagram.
I don’t know about you, but I still find it fascinating that even the biggest creators have to rely on trending hashtags (use metahashtags.com to find trending hashtags).
It’s like some kind of mystical surefire shortcut for making your Reels go viral!
If a small creator uses trending hashtags in their Reel then they will get more views and attention than if they didn’t use them at all – so, why not try?
3. Post During Your Audience Peak Times
When posting your Reels, try to aim for the most optimal time of day if you want a high view count.
If you have a business or creator account, you can check it under the audience tab.
4. Patience and Consistency
Reels are a lot slower to blow up than other types of content, so be patient and keep posting!
I had two reels that did horribly for the first 2 weeks after they were posted, but then suddenly blew up in the 3rd/4th week with more views.
It’s important to use these resources beforehand so you don’t miss out on viral opportunities!
- It is important to not forget that the first few Reels of your account on Instagram can receive a significant number of views, likes, and comments – especially if they happen to be among the first ones uploaded.
- They do this to encourage users to post more content, which is something that TikTok also does.
- Sharing to your Instagram Story is one way that can help give your Reels a boost and grow your following.
- Though it may seem as though liking your own Instagram Reels helps, doing so actually has minimal to no effect on the algorithm.
- The algorithm can be unpredictable when picking which Reels to go viral on Instagram.
- The Instagram Reel algorithm is not always indicative of quality. Sometimes, a perfectly good reel might get ignored by the algorithm.
- Content is still king, but with Instagram Reels, luck can play a factor.