Have you been shadowbanned on TikTok? If so, you’re not alone. Hundreds of people have reported being shadowbanned by the social media app over the course of a few months.
We’ll discuss what it means to be shadowbanned and how you can recover your account!
This blog post is all about What to Do If You Are Shadowbanned on TikTok, from the types of shadows that exist, what they do, and how you can get un-shadowbanned.
Every social media platform will have a shadowban feature that essentially limits your posts’ visibility in search engines and other users’ feeds.
What Does Shadowban Mean?
The types of shadows that exist are as follows:
- A temporary shadowban lasts anywhere from 24 hours to 30 days and can be given for posting too many videos in a short period of time or if you’ve been flagged too often by other users;
- An indefinite shadowban does not have a time limit and can last anywhere from a few weeks to months. This is usually due to posting inappropriate content or spamming;
- A permanent shadowban lasts indefinitely and will not be removed by the TikTok team. It’s given if you’ve done any of the following: violating TikTok policies, breaking copyright laws, and using bots.
What Causes Tiktok Shadowbans
The following are causes of TikTok shadowbanning:
- Posting an excessive number of videos within a short period of time; the limit is nine consecutive posts per day (which adds up to 27 over three days
- Using bots that violate TikTok community guidelines.
- Violating TikTok policies.
- Breaking copyright laws.
- Using bots that violate TikTok community guidelines; or if you’ve been flagged too often by other users because of inappropriate content or spamming.
- If you exploit a minor
- Buying fake followers, likes, and engagements
How to Know If You’ve Been Shadowbanned
In order to find out if you have been shadowbanned, you need to go on the TikTok app and take a screenshot of your profile page.
You’ll know you’re shadowbanned if there is no number next to follower count, or it’s lower than what the actual value should be.
If you receive any traffic from the For You Page, then it means you’ve not been shadowbanned.
To check this, open a video you’ve uploaded after suspecting you have been shadowbanned. Ensure the video has been live for at least 72 hours.
Next, on the video click the “…” at the bottom right corner of your screen.
Then click on ‘Analytics’ at the bottom left corner.
Once you’ve clicked on analytics, you will be able to views the traffic sources for your content.
If you find any traffic coming from the For you Page (as below), your account has not been shadowbanned.
How Long Does a Tiktok Shadowban Last
Typical TikTok shadow bans used to last 24 hours but with the latest update in the TikTok algorithm will usually last for at least two weeks.
Within the first week, your followers will decrease and so will views.
After a few days of the shadowban being in place, you won’t be able to enter any tags or make new videos on TikTok unless they are public.
Related: Does Tiktok Give You Dance Moves
How to Get out of the Tiktok Shadowban
In order to be safe from TikTok shadowban, go through their comprehensive community guidelines and see which one, (if any) you might have violated.
Delete any content you believe may have been flagged for being inappropriate.
Check your account‘s analytics to see which hashtags you are using the most and make sure they don’t violate any of TikTok community guidelines.
Clear the TikTok cache and consider reinstalling the app. Then wait. The shadowban will usually be lifted after 2 weeks
If you can’t get out of the TikTok shadowban, there is nothing left for you to do but wait it out and hope that they reinstate your account soon.
If this does not work, then what I advise is to contact customer service via TikTok’s emails
We hope that this article was helpful in teaching you What to Do If You Are Shadowbanned on TikTok.
Remember to follow the set community guidelines at all times, and you’ll be able to avoid the shadowban too.
Check your account’s analytics to see which hashtags you are using the most and make sure they don’t violate any of TikTok community guidelines.
Related: Best phone for TikTok
Here Are Some of My Favorite ToolsThank you for reading this article. I hope you found it helpful as you build your own successful business online. Here are some tools that I use that I hope you'll find helpful:
- Growth Service: Stefan on Fiverr