How do I unfollow everyone on Instagram?
Every once in a while we get an email from our readers asking how to unfollow everyone on Instagram. Some even want to know the best Instagram unfollow app so that they can attempt to mass unfollow everyone on Instagram in an instant. Instead of responding to the emails individually, we thought it would be more convenient if we’d create a comprehensive guide on how to unfollow everyone on Instagram. We should first look at some of the reasons you’d want to unfollow everyone on Instagram.
Reasons for unfollowing everyone on Instagram
- Start a clean slate
Sometimes you just really need a clean slate, you’ve followed the same people for 6 years, seen the same old content. You feel you’ve outgrown the content the people that you follow post, frankly, it gets monotonous and boring. This may be your cue to unfollow everyone on Instagram.
- Clean up timeline
You may not want to unfollow everyone on Instagram. But you may have users who frequently post undesirable content, unfollowing such users can help clean up your timeline.
- You’ve reached your follow limit
Instagram allows you to follow a maximum of 7500 users for each account. In order to be able to follow more people, you’ll need to unfollow some of the users you are following in order to make room to follow others.
- You’ve changed your business model
If you are running a business account and you’ve changed your business model, it would make sense to unfollow users from your previous niche, in order to make room for following new users in the new niche you’ve ventured into.
- You’re unable to view posts from close friends and family
When following too many users on Instagram, your feed can easily get clogged by posts from people you don’t have a close relationship with, so much so that you won’t be able to view posts from people you actually care about. In such a case the easy thing to do would be to unfollow everyone else except those you would wish to keep around.
- Related: Who unfollowed me on Instagram? A tutorial on how to find out who unfollowed you on Instagram.
Apps to unfollow everyone on Instagram
There are many apps in the market today that claim to have this functionality including the option to remove followers on Instagram, caution, however, should be observed, Instagram has made several upgrades that may result in a ban if you tried unfollowing everyone on Instagram. As a matter of fact, an attempt to unfollow 500 users at a go may plunge you into a blocked or banned account. There is however a Social Media Automation tool that has stood the test of time and is frankly unrivaled. JARVEE is an intelligent tool that mimics normal human behavior and runs on autopilot. This is to say that, after successfully setting up, you sit back while JARVEE does the job for you.
Go here and download a free trial of this advanced social media automation tool for free. The trial period is 5 days which is time enough to unfollow everyone on Instagram. (No credit card details required)
- Once you’ve registered and installed the tool, use the details sent to your email to log in to the app.
- Here you are going to add your Instagram account (s)-depending on the downloaded package you can automate as many Instagram accounts as possible.
- To add your account on JARVEE, click on SOCIAL PROFILE on the left Menu bar.
- Now click on ADD PROFILE and select INSTAGRAM.
- Fill in your Instagram login details and click VERIFY.
- Once your account is VALIDATED, you can now click on TOOLS on the left Menu bar. Here you will see all the accounts that you have added on JARVEE.
- To set up auto unfollow, click on the name of the account whose users you want to unfollow. A new interface will appear with all the features available for Instagram. Since we are only interested in auto unfollowing, you’re going to click on the UNFOLLOW tab.
- Here you have a myriad of options to go with
- At this point, you need to decide whether you want to unfollow everyone or a select group of people.
Unfollow everyone on Instagram
Since Instagram will not allow you to mass unfollow instantly, we’re going to spread the unfollowing task over the 5 days trial period. Ideally, you’ll need to allocate the number of users you wish to unfollow proportionately to the 5 days trial period. For instance, if you need to unfollow 500 users, then you’ll have JARVEE unfollow 100 users per day.
To achieve this, copy the setting as illustrated on the image below when you’re done toggle the status button to start the unfollow operation.
Unfollow a select group of people
In this section, you’re going to decide on the users you DO NOT intend to unfollow. You’re going to achieve this by placing their user names in a WHITELIST. You may also wish not to unfollow users that have interacted with your content. This will help keep your engagement going. Just make sure to check the two boxes that say ‘do not unfollow likers‘ and ‘do not unfollow commenters‘
Under USER FILTERS, there’s an option to use the WHITELIST. Make sure you have it checked and place the user names of the users you’d like to continue following. Once this is done, you can now toggle the STATUS button to start the process.
Feel free to reach us on the comment section or on email for any assistance.
- Recommended: How To Grow Your Business on Twitter in 2019.