Facebook messages are a great way to communicate with friends, family, and coworkers.
However, when you delete messages on the Messenger app, they’re gone for good! What if you accidentally deleted an important message?
Is there a way to recover deleted Facebook messages?
Fortunately, there is!
In this blog post, I’ll show you how to recover deleted Facebook messages on the Messenger app.
1. Request Screenshots from Recipient
This is pretty obvious and quite simple to do particularly if you’re on good speaking terms with the other person.
Simply ask for a screenshot of the message you sent, and they should be able to comply.
However, there’s no guarantee that the recipient will comply, and this method can be a pain if the recipient so happened to have deleted the messages you sent.
It’s worth a shot, but don’t be surprised if it doesn’t work out for you!
The second method I’m about to introduce works really well and requires no convincing or explanation at all.
2. Request Facebook for Your Data
Facebook has a feature that allows you to download your data from the platform.
When you recover deleted Facebook messages using this method, the company actually sends your data to you in a zip file. Inside it is all of your sent and received messages!
It’s super easy, and here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your Facebook on your PC.
- Click on the drop-down arrow at the extreme top right.
- Click on Settings & Privacy then on Settings.
- The settings page will open. Here, you’ll click on Your Facebook Information.
- On the next window, click View that’s in the Download Your Information section.
- In this next window, we’ll select the date range of the deleted messages we’d like to recover. I selected Last week for this example. Do not click on Create File just yet.
- Firstly, click on Deselect All because here we’re interested in deleted messages only, and then select Messages.
- You may now click on Create File.
You’ll get a message saying “A copy of your information is being created“. All you have to do now is to wait for a notification saying “Your Facebook information file is ready to download“. It should take a couple of minutes for this to be ready depending on the date range you selected.
You may now go to the Available Copies tab and click Download. Facebook will require you to enter the password in order for the download to proceed.
A zip file will be downloaded to your computer. Extract the file and open the folder called messages.
Here is where you’ll find your deleted Facebook messages.
I hope this tutorial helped you recover your deleted Facebook messages.
If you have any comments or questions about how to recover deleted Facebook messages, leave them down below.
And as always, thanks for reading! 🙂