Are you one of those people who woke up one day only to find that Instagram has disabled your account? And when you try to make an appeal, it keeps asking you to confirm your account?
If yes, then you’re not alone. A lot of users have been facing this issue lately, and it can be quite frustrating.
In this article, we will take a closer look at why Instagram disables accounts, how you can appeal the decision, and what you can do to prevent it from happening in the future.
Why Instagram disables accounts?
These guidelines are put in place to ensure that everyone has a safe and positive experience on the platform.
Instagram will disable an account if it violates any of these guidelines.
Some of the common reasons for account disabling are:
- Posting offensive or inappropriate content
- Using third-party apps to gain followers or likes
- Spamming other users
- Harassing or bullying other users
- Posting copyrighted content without permission
If Instagram finds that you have violated any of these guidelines, it may disable your account without warning.
How to appeal the decision?
If Instagram has disabled your account, the first thing you should do is try to make an appeal. However, this can be tricky if Instagram is asking you to confirm your account, and you can’t log in because the account is disabled.
Here are a few things you can do:
Confirm Your Account:
As frustrating as it may be, Instagram is asking you to confirm your account to ensure that you’re the owner of the account.
To confirm your account, follow these steps:
- Go to Instagram on your desktop or mobile browser.
- Click on “Forgot Password.”
- Enter the username or email associated with your account and click “Search.”
- Click on “Need more help?”
- Follow the prompts to complete the verification process.
Once you have confirmed your account, try to log in again and make an appeal.
Submit a Mugshot Form:
If you’re unable to log in to your account, you can submit a mugshot form to request a review. The mugshot form requires you to upload a photo of yourself holding a piece of paper with a code provided by Instagram.
Follow these steps to submit a mugshot form:
- Go to https://help.instagram.com/contact/606967319425038?ref=cr
- Fill out the form with your name, username, and email address.
- Upload a photo of yourself holding a piece of paper with the code provided by Instagram.
- Click on “Submit.”
Contact Instagram Support:
If none of the above methods works, you can contact Instagram support directly.
You can do this by going to the Instagram Help Center and filling out the support form. It may take some time, but you should receive a response from Instagram support.
What you can do to prevent it from happening in the future?
Prevention is always better than cure.
Here are a few things you can do to prevent Instagram from disabling your account:
- Do not use third-party apps or services to gain followers or likes.
- Do not spam or harass other users.
- Do not post offensive or inappropriate content.
- Do not post copyrighted content without permission.
If Instagram has disabled your account, don’t panic. Follow the steps outlined in this article to make an appeal, and if that doesn’t work, contact Instagram support directly.
Remember to always use Instagram responsibly and respect the community guidelines to prevent any issues in the future.
If you notice any suspicious activities or accounts, report them to Instagram to help maintain the platform’s integrity. With these tips, you can enjoy using Instagram and avoid the frustration of having your account disabled.