Do you wish to hide your following on TikTok?
Although you can choose who sees your posts, and how much they see, it’s still possible for people to see all of the accounts that follow you.
If you want to keep this information private, then there are a few steps that will help.
Hiding followers is easy if you know where to look.
By taking advantage of these steps in Tiktok, it’s possible to hide your following on TikTok from public view.
Follow these steps and you’ll enjoy increased privacy on TikTok.
You can choose to hide your following list from other users by using the “Privacy” tab at the top of your profile.
Click on settings, then click on “privacy”.
Next go into “Following Mode”, select “Only me” and click the arrow in between both options to toggle it over.
When this is set to “only me”, only you can see who follows you and how many followers you have.
Only those who follow you will be able to see that you’re followed by someone yourself!
Step by Step Guide on How to Hide Your Following on Tiktok
1.Click on the Menu Option
Log in to your account first
Then head to your profile and click on the “me” icon
While there tap on the menu icon on the top right-hand corner in order to access the setting and privacy options.
2. Click on the “Privacy” Setting Option
Once you’ve tapped on the menu click on the privacy option.
Scroll down to find the “Following list”
3. Tap on the “Following List”
Once you’ve scrolled down you should find the “Following list” option.
By default, this option is set to “Everyone”
4. Change to “Only Me”
Once you’ve tapped on the following list option change to “only me”
This will ensure that only you can see the list of users who follow you in your profile.
You can now tap on the back arrow 4 times to return to your profile.
You have now successfully set your following list to be accessible to you only.
From now henceforth, other users cannot see your following list.
Will People See My Following List with a Private Account?
No, if you have a private account (not public), then other users will not be able to see who is following you.
this is an alternative method to hide your following on TikTok from the public domain
To change your profile from public to a private account:
1. Go to Me option once more
2. Tap on the menu option, located on the top right corner.
3. Go to Privacy
4. Turn Private Account on or off.
5. Note that if you are on a business profile, you’ll have to switch to a personal profile first in order to go private.
Be careful because you will lose all the business profile features once you switch.
How Can I Remove Someone from My Follower List on TikTok?
1. Head to your profile page
2. Click on your follower’s list option
3. Tap on the profile / Visit profile of the person you want to block
4. Once you are on their profile, click on the three dots option on the top
5. From the available options, click on “block”
You can unblock this user at any time from your own profile.
1. Click on your follower’s list
2. Tap the three dots icon located at the top right-hand corner of the person you want to unblock
3. Tap “unblock” from the available options
4. A notification should appear that reads “unblock”
5. The user should now be unblocked! To verify this, go back into your follower’s list and look for their names again!
What If I Accidentally Blocked Someone? Can I Unblock Them?
Yes! You can unblock this user at any time from your own profile
1. Go to your profile (click on “me”) and click on the three dots icon in the top right-hand corner of their profile picture
2. Click “unblock” from the available options
3. A notification should appear that reads “unblock”
4. The user will now be unblocked! To verify this, go back into your followers’ list and look for their names again!
Why You May Need to Hide Your Following List on Tiktok
There are several reasons you may need to how to hide your following on TikTok
1. You can keep prying eyes away from who you’re following and how many followers you have
2. You don’t want people knowing that you follow them back
3. You prefer to be a secret admirer and not show others that you’re in love with their works until they notice themselves!
Hiding your followers will help maintain privacy (and potentially cut down on spam!) while using the app.
It will also help hide the number of followers you have, so potential stalkers may be at a loss as to who’s watching your videos.
Hiding your following list is so simple that it doesn’t require an in-depth tutorial.
So, if you want to hide your following on TikTok for whatever reason, just follow the steps above and your followers will be locked away from prying eyes.
You will find that this is a great way to protect yourself from potential stalkers, bots, or people who just like to keep tabs on you.
The app doesn’t give us much choice in the matter as hiding our followers is the only way we can feel truly secure while using it.
Whether you’re into vlogging, comedy skits, or spotlights on your favorite artists, you’ll have to take steps to keep yourself safe.
However, if the thought of stranger danger gives you the creeps then this isn’t the way for you to feel more protected!
Till next time!