Will TikTok let you know who reported you?
Does Tiktok Tell You Who Reported You? Well, when someone reports you on TikTok a notification is sent to TikTok. The moderators then review the content that was reported. They will then determine whether the said content contravenes their community guidelines. If it does it’s removed or in the case of an account, it’s either suspended or banned. If it doesn’t they do nothing.
TikTok will then alert the reporter, on their decision and action taken. They will however not tell you who reported you. You may consider appealing the decision but at this point, it’s pointless as they have scrutinized the content before removing it.
How many reports does it take to delete a TikTok video?
There is no definitive number of reporting for TikTok to take action on your video. If they feel your video goes against their set community guidelines, they will take down your video even when other users have not reported it yet. On joining the application you agree to these community guidelines and therefore are bound by them.
You should take time and review these guidelines carefully to avoid getting their accounts in trouble.
When you report a comment on TikTok does it get deleted?
TikTok can sometimes be annoying especially in the comment section. Due to the fact that TikTok includes teenagers and adults. Some of the comments may be age-inappropriate.
In fact, some comments can be blatantly gross. If your kids use TikTok it’s important to empower them on how to handle online bullying or harassment. They can do so by blocking and reporting such comments. In certain serious cases, they may need to escalate the issue to the relevant law enforcement.
TikTok only allows you to report comments made on your videos. Other comments you may find on other users’ videos can only be reported by them. The best you can do is to bring them to their attention in which case they will decide whether to report or not.
If you wish to report a comment made by a user on your video, follow this procedure:
- Tap on the “Me” icon to display your profile.
- Head to the particular video where the offensive comment is and click on it.
- Tap and long hold. A menu will pop up with the “Report” option. Click on it.
- TikTok will prompt you to give a reason for reporting, site the particular community guideline you feel the comment has contravened.
- Hit the “Submit” option and you’re done.
- TikTok moderators will review the issues and make a decision. They will let you know what was decided. If the comment really goes against the said guidelines it will be removed.
How to undo a report on TikTok
When you erroneously report a TikTok user, whether a video, comment, or account, you cannot undo the report. But don’t worry, TikTok moderators usually scrutinize the reported case before deciding whether to remove the video/comment or suspend/ban the user account.
So in case you realize there was no violation of community guidelines after you have reported, chances are TikTok will do so too and will not take action.
Reporting Accounts on TikTok
In recent times, TikTok has been very strict on its policies. They have been banning a lot of users’ accounts. This was occasioned by a recent settlement of $5.3 million to FTC (Federal Trade Commission). The settlement was because they were violating the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
When a TikTok user uploads offensive or demeaning videos or content that discriminates other users on basis of Race, Ethnicity, Origin, Religion, etc, you can report them.
Basically, anything that is inconsistent with the community guidelines. This helps to promote inclusion and diversity and ensures all users enjoy the application.
When you do, TikTok will not notify them who reported them. So you’re safe to report even your follower’s accounts.
To report an account:
- Open the profile of the user you wish to report.
- Click on the three dots at the top right corner to reveal more options.
- Click on the “Report” option
- Select “Report account”
- You will be prompted to select from a list of possible causes for your reporting.
Click on submit and you are done. TikTok moderators will scrutinize the account and ascertain whether they are violating the guidelines. If they are they will either be suspended or banned. You will be notified of their decision.
TikTok also allows you to report videos you find inappropriate to keep the community safe for all users. Unlike with comments, you can report other users’ videos. There’s a high degree of unanimity, and the users will not be notified you reported their videos.
To report a video:
- Open the video and tap on the share icon.
- Select “Report” on the bottom left corner.
- Select from the provided list, the specific community guidelines you feel the video violated.
If for some reason your video is reported, you will get a notification and reminder of the community guidelines. If you persist in the violation, your account will be suspended or banned. This will prompt you to send countless appeals which may not be upheld.
You may find offensive messages while chatting with your followers on TikTok chat. When this happens, you should report the entire chat thread to TikTok for appropriate action.
To report a chat:
- Open the chat with the offensive messages.
- Tap on the three dots located in the top-right corner.
- Tap the “Report” icon.
- Follow the instructions that will appear on that screen
Report a hashtag
2. Tap the ‘Share’ icon.
3. Select ‘Report’ and then follow the instructions that will be provided.
Report a direct message
2.Tap the 3 dots to open your settings.
3. Select ‘Report’ and follow the on-screen instructions provided.
Report a LIVE video
2. Tap on the ‘Share’ icon.
3. Select ‘Report’ and follow the onscreen instructions that will be shown