If you’re one of the many people who use Pinterest, you may at one time or the other wish to delete messages on Pinterest.
Whether you sent a message erroneously, want to clear your message inbox, or simply don’t want anyone seeing a particular conversation, it’s important to know how to delete messages on Pinterest.
Reasons You May Wish to Delete Messages on Pinterest
There are a few reasons you might want to delete messages on Pinterest.
- Maybe you accidentally sent a message to the wrong person or you no longer want that particular conversation in your inbox.
- You might want to clear your message inbox because it’s getting cluttered.
- You may not want anyone seeing a particular conversation for privacy reasons.
- You may be getting harassing and spammy messages that you want to get rid of.
How to Delete Messages on Pinterest
If you are using the older version of the app, you can follow the following procedure to delete messages on Pinterest:
- Launch the Pinterest app on your device
- Open on messages
- Long press on the message you wish to delete
- Click on the delete option
Just like that, the message will be permanently deleted.
For the newer version of the app, the process is a little different.
How to Hide Conversation on Pinterest
If you don’t wish to have certain messages in your inbox, you can opt to hide them.
This is ideal when you get annoying messages or you are no longer interested in a particular conversation.
To hide a message on the newer version of the app, follow these steps:
1. Launch the Pinterest app
2. Tap on the message icon
3. Click on the message you wish to hide
4. At the top right corner, click on the 3 dots and select “Hide conversation”
The message will immediately disappear from your inbox.
Note: This will not delete the messages permanently on the servers, in fact, if the user replies to the message, the whole conversation will reoccur in your inbox.
If you wish to permanently do away with an annoying user then you can opt to use the “Report this conversation” option.
How to Report a Conversation on Pinterest
Since Pinterest doesn’t have a ‘delete’ or ‘unsend’ option, if you get annoying messages from a user, you can opt to report a conversation.
To do this:
1. Open the Pinterest app on your device
2. Locate and open messages
3. Click on the three dots at the top right-hand corner of the conversation
4. Select ‘Report this Conversation’
- Then give grounds as to why you wish to report the conversation.
Currently, there are just 3 grounds which are: spam, harassment, and promotion of self-harm.
If in the opinion of Pinterest’s moderators the users have contravened these terms and conditions then interest will prevent them from accessing your account.
In fact, this becomes an indirect way of preventing users from seeing your messages.
Block users on Pinterest
This is the most effective way of ensuring that a particular user does not have access to your account.
When you block someone on Pinterest, they will no longer be able to:
– Send you messages
– See things you’ve pinned
– Comment on your Pins
– Tag you in the comments
– Ask you to join a board
– Invite you to Pin with them
To block someone on Pinterest, follow these steps:
- Open the Pinterest app on your device
- Locate and open messages
- Click on the three dots at the top right-hand corner of the conversation with the user you wish to block
- Select ‘Block User’
- A pop-up message will appear asking if you’re sure you want to block the user, click ‘Block’
The user will be immediately blocked and they will no longer have access to your account.
What If You Delete Your Account
Unfortunately, if you delete your interest account, users you sent messages to will still be able
to see those messages.
This is because deleting your account will only delete what is on your device and not on Pinterest’s servers.
Pinterest is a great social media platform but it does not have a delete or unsend message option.
If you accidentally sent a message, your only options are to hide the conversation, report the conversation or block the user.
If you delete your account, users you sent messages to will still be able to see those messages.
It is important to weigh circumstances based on merits to arrive at the best decision.
For example, if you only want to declutter your inbox, then hiding the conversation will suffice.
If you only accidentally sent a message to the wrong person, then you can quickly send them an apology.
If the message is of sensitive nature, you can reach out to the Pinterest help center for further assistance.
Till next time!